Congratulations to the 2014-2015 Scholarship Recipients!
OEF L.L. Dresser Memorial & William Millis Scholarships: Donald McDowell (University of Oklahoma | Butner High School)
OEF W. Leroy Culbertson & Garth Kennedy Memorial Scholarships: Andrew Banta (University of Oklahoma | Okemah High School)
OEF Ira & Pat Oliver & Gordon Taylor Scholarships: Hayden Ernst (Oklahoma State University | Booker T Washington High School)
OEF Phillips Petroleum & CK Roskamp Memorial Scholarships: Hunter Garroutte (Oklahoma State University | Claremore High School)
OEF OSPE Past Presidents & George Gibson Scholarships: Tyler Beckinghausen (University of Tulsa | Claremore High School)
Emily Averyt (OU, Sophomore)
Blake Yort (Oklahoma Christian, Sophomore)
Kennedy Logan (OSU, Sophomore)
David Doshier (OU, Sophomore)
Aaron Massie (OU, Sophomore)
Kayla Huffman (OSU, Junior)
Timothy Hardick (OSU, Junior)
Kendal Nicholas (OSU, Junior)
Gavin Boyer (OSU, Junior)
Miranda Burks (OSU)
Andrew McMillan (OU, Senior)
History of the OEF Scholarship Program
Over the past 39 years, the Oklahoma Engineering Foundation (OEF) has awarded over $400,000 in scholarships to engineering students at Oklahoma universities.
Initially endowed in the 1970s, OEF Scholarships were created for the qualified student with the talent and commitment for engineering. Since students in the very top of the pool have numerous scholarship opportunities, fully qualified students with great potential but slightly lower admissions factors are overlooked. Therefore, OEF offers scholarships only to students who are NOT eligible to receive National Merit Scholarships or Oklahoma Regents Scholarships. Our policy is to award scholarships to students with an intense desire to become practicing engineers.
The OEF Scholarships are 4-year scholarships ($500/semester), for a total of $4,000 awarded per student.
Applicants must be Oklahoma residents* and U.S. citizens. OEF annually awards a number of freshman scholarships to high school seniors who demonstrate a genuine interest in an engineering career. Freshman application qualifications are given below.
- GPA of 3.0 minimum (Required)
- ACT Composite score between 24 – 29 (Required)
- ACT Math Component score of 28 or above (Required)
- Major in an accredited engineering program at one of the approved Oklahoma universities
- Be an Oklahoma and US Resident*
- extra curricular activities
- essay and an interview
- courses taken and credits earned for grades 10 through 12
- technical and non-technical activities sponsored by the high school
- special recognition, academic honors and special achievements
- volunteer activities
- employment and
- potential to complete the engineering curriculum offered by the university